How Do You Get The No-Makeup Makeup Look?
When you want to get a “no makeup” look, you must avoid heavy and aggressive product. This means that tough concealers and foundations are excluded. Instead, you need lighter weights that do not fill as much. Therefore, get a light foundation with luster.
It will blend in well with your natural skin tone and give a shine that looks natural. Remember to use as little as possible. It is above all the luster and tone equalization you are looking for.
This is how you get the new No-makeup makeup look – the products to choose from
Do you want to look like you woke up with rosy cheeks, lively eyes and fresh luster? For many of us, nature may need a little help on the run.
Here I give tips about the products and tricks that fix the new no makeup makeup look.
The no makeup makeup look never goes out of date, the one that makes you look like you just happened to step out the door without doing anything and still look fresh, alert, freshly peeled, stylish and rosy.
So how do you get there? A little good makeup in the right places helps.
Here are some tricks to keep in mind and tips on products to try.
1. Spend time on the foundation
The first step is always skin care, it will be felt when you are careless, but if your skin is in shape, the make-up glides on more nicely and becomes less visible.
Makeup artists often spend more time prepping the skin with moisturizers, etc. than on the makeup itself. In addition to using good products, a few short minutes of massage during the cleaning in the evening is something that makes a difference.
2. Invest in good basic products
You do not want to cover the skin with foundation and concealer but still make blemishes, redness and dark circles less obvious.
Choose basic products without powder and work only where needed. It may be enough with just concealer under the eyes and a little around the nostrils.
Work in fine thin layers and focus on mixing the products properly. A good trick is to apply first with fingers or brush and then dab on with a slightly dampened makeup sponge.
Then you get a really nice even and sheer finish that marries the skin.
Hyaluronic-Hydra Concealer from By Terry conjures away fatigue without being visible with its moisturizing and leveling formula. It comes in 6 shades.
Concealer and foundation in one that you easily work into the skin with your fingers is the modern classic Un Cover-Up from RMS Beauty. There are 16 shades.
3. Give love to the eyebrows
Fixing eyebrows does a lot for the whole, but here we are not talking about painting graphic and perfectly shaped instagram eyebrows.
Give them a little love, color and fullness with an eyebrow mascara and if you want to get a little extra out of this clever product, you start by brushing it against the plant direction and then turn and set the shape.
Gimme Brow + from Benefit is a classic that with its microfiber-filled formula and small flushing brush gives good control, more volume and a nice definition of the brows. You can choose between 10 shades, it costs and is available here (link to Apprl).
4. Aim for the brown palette
Black is the best-selling color for both mascara and eyeliner, but if you want a softer and more natural makeup, it is a very easy way to change to brown here instead.
It gives definition but at the same time it does not have the same harsh contrast as black and it works no matter what eye color you have.
Wonder Perfect Mascara 4D from Clarins is available in Perfect Brown.
5. Choose creamy textures
Rouge in creamy form, whether solid or liquid, is easy to fade. You can advantageously apply with your fingers and the colors blend nicely with the skin.
The effect is that the freshness seems to come from within. If you want an invigorating finish – choose a peach.
Teint Idole Ultra Wear Blush Stick from Lancôme can be applied thinly for a sheer effect but also build on if you want more print in the color.
6. Take advantage of the light
Highlighter is a product many are afraid of, but then you miss that there are lots of really good variants that do not give a glittering disco effect.
If you add a little light reflection where the sun usually hits, you give the skin a beautiful lift. Then choose a highlighter with just a little shimmer or optical gloss.
Lit Up Highlight Stick from Westman Atelier blends with the skin for magical glitter-free luster and is available in three shades: completely transparent but slightly iridescent Lit, Nectar with refreshing peach and Brulée is a bronze gold that gives a sun-kissed feeling.
7. Replace lipstick with balm
Lipstick is nice, but if you want a no makeup look, it is better to go for a caring and emollient lip balm. It does not have to be colorless for that, today there are lots of wonderful varieties that are toned.
But when they let through your own lip color, the effect becomes more natural.
Glow Play Lip Balm from MAC provides care and a nice tone without the lips feeling covered. Here you will find lots of colors, such as Sweat Treat which has a beige pink tone and Grapely Admired which is suitable if you want a natural effect on darker lips.
How to get the natural No-makeup makeup look – +more product recommendations!
Start by applying a primer. It evens out the skin tone, makes pores and fine lines less visible and gives a beautiful glow. A primer also makes your foundation fit better.
- Ole Henriksen Truth Banana Bright Face Primer – Invest in a primer that gives luster this spring. This can be used under your foundation or mix a few drops in foundation for extra glow or as a highlighter on cheekbones and nasal spine.
- Clarins Beauty Flash Balm – Perfect for you who are looking for moisture or a “beauty purpose”. It is applied before foundation for a durable base that keeps the skin hydrated all day. You can also use it as it is or as a face mask.
An additional benefit of using primer is that you need less foundation.
To think about when you are looking for a natural makeup is to skip foundation with high coverage and invest in a sheer variant that lets your skin shine through.
Also remember to start with a thin layer and build on gradually to get the coverage you want.
- Giorgio Armani Beauty My Armani To Go Cushion Foundation – A perfect choice when you’re on the go. Provides a fantastic luster, medium coverage in less than a minute. Perfect with the applicator that follows.
- Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat Le Teint Foundation – For an unmade-up / transparent result. A foundation that is close to the skin and lets it shine through. Fantastic result for everyday use.
Be careful when applying your concealer. If it becomes too much, it is easy for it to look cakey and it is not what you want when you are looking for a natural look.
If you want to brighten the area around the eyes, be sure to choose a concealer that is tailored for it. Concealers that are there to cover blemishes, for example, usually have a drying effect.
- Maybelline New York Instant Rewind Concealer – An emollient concealer that covers dark circles under the eyes without feeling hard or cakey. In addition, it does not sit in lines.
- Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclatt – A great favorite. This light-reflecting concealer keeps its promise, it dims the visibility of dark circles and gives luster. You can also use it as a highlighter on the cheekbone, under the brow bone and on the bridge of the nose.
4. Give luster
Give your cheeks, eyelids a little shimmer with a highlighter. If you use a highlighter in powder form, a tip is to use a large brush and swipe a little lightly so that the result is as natural as possible.
- OFRA Cosmetics NikkieTutorials Everglow Highlighter – Mix all colors for a fresh glow or use the colors separately. Can be used to advantage on the eyelids as eye shadow. Try the brush Sigma Tapered Highlighter Brush – F35 to apply with.
- L’Oréal Paris Glow Mon Amour Highlighting Drops – A liquid highlighter that can be used directly on the cheekbones on top of your foundation or mix it with your foundation for a more luminous base.
Now that you have your nice bass in place, you also want it to last all day, or night. When you fix it, you also avoid that everything folds around the eyes.
- By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-Powder – A real wow powder! This is a slightly more powder that contains hyaluronic acid to moisturize the skin while it blurs out fine lines and pores and prevents shine.
7 interesting ways to look good without makeup
Beauty does not just come from your makeup. You can look just as amazing without cosmetics. You just need to take care of your skin from the inside out.
1. Wash your face well
If your skin is clean, you look younger. And not only that, but also radiant and beautiful! You can enjoy the benefits of facial cleansers sold in stores, but always be aware of the ingredients.
They often contain strong chemicals. These can remove your dead skin cells, but they can also cause both redness and dry skin.
Washing your face twice daily is also important. It prevents oily skin and pimples. If you only wash it when you bathe or remove the make-up, consider washing it more often.
It is better if you remember to wash your face both when you get up and just before you go to bed.
After a while you will see the results.
2. Exfoliate and strengthen your skin
In addition to washing the face, it is also important to exfoliate. It makes you get rid of imperfections and excess fat.
But be careful not to rub too hard. Otherwise, you may cause redness and irritation. If you do not want to use a chemical exfoliating agent, you can try sugar.
A skin tonic is also an important part of washing the face. It can help you restore your natural pH balance. Hudtonics can also remove excess fat, shrink your pores and more.
Just make sure you keep your skin type in mind when buying these products.
3. Use natural products
Makeup is expensive, but even more worrying is how it can irritate the skin and give you wrinkles. For example, mascara can be difficult to remove and can damage your delicate eyelashes.
A good alternative is Vaseline. With just a little neighbor, you can get the volume and shape you want.
Another type of natural cosmetic is coconut oil. You can use the oil on the lips instead of lipstick. It is both moisturizing and protects against UV rays.
It is perfect for women who have dry or flaky lips.
No lipstick, just a little coconut oil and you’re ready! Your lips will look sensual and healthy.
4. Wear sunscreen
Many people think that the best way to look good without makeup is by getting a tan, but sun-damaged skin is never beautiful.
Also be careful in winter and on rainy or cloudy days; otherwise the skin may age prematurely and you may suffer from skin diseases and even skin cancer.
If you have very light skin, you should use a sunscreen with a sun protection factor of at least 30. And remember that you do not have to use several different products.
Many skin creams come with sunscreen, and they are also moisturizing.
5. Do not touch your face too much
This is a habitual error for many people. We often touch the skin when we are nervous, bored or hot. But the bad habit encourages fat production and accumulation of bacteria.
You should not scratch your face either. It can reduce the firmness of the skin and give you wrinkles prematurely.
6. Sleep and eat well
Washing your face and keeping the sun away is good, but your care does not end there. You also need to follow other healthy habits to get radiant skin.
A good habit is to get good sleep. When you sleep well, it is visible. Your skin becomes more relaxed and does not show dark spots.
You also do not get dark circles under the eyes. Your skin becomes firm and healthy. It is recommended to sleep at least eight hours a day.
You also need to eat well. It helps your skin look good, and you do not need a lot of makeup to hide imperfections.
Try to drink at least two liters of water, or an estimated eight glasses, a day. And make sure you get plenty of raw vegetables and fruits.
Even in winter, a fruit or vegetable smoothie can work wonders. Your skin then looks younger and healthier.
7. Pick your eyebrows
Perfect eyebrows are always visible. If they look good, it does not matter if you do not use lipstick or blush, because your eyes are framed beautifully and naturally by your eyebrows.
You can go to a beauty salon to get them picked or do it yourself. You have many options available. Some like wax, others like tweezers, while some use wire.
If you do not want to pluck your eyebrows, there is another option; just comb them and hold them in place with hairstyle jelly to look beautiful without makeup.
Other tips to look good without makeup and get the no-makeup makeup look
- Wash your hair once every two days. It prevents the accumulation of fat.
- Use an eyelash curler.
- Use eye drops.
- Pinch your cheeks for a blushing effect.
- Take good care of your oral hygiene.
- Christine Sciortino. (2020). HD “No-Makeup” Makeup
- Greene, Olivia. (2020). Desire for Authenticity: An Examination of the No-Makeup Makeup Trend in Social Media
- Smith, R.K. (2021). The cost of looking natural: Why the no-makeup movement may fail to discourage cosmetic use
- Jasmine Fardouly. (2019). The impact of no-makeup selfies on young women’s body image
- Richard Russell. (2021). Professional Versus Self-Applied Makeup: Do Makeup Artists Add Value?