How do you get a glow up?
You get a glow up quickly by applying make-up with the help of highlighter, glow drops and with liquid-creamy make-up, avoid make-up in powder as it gives a matte result.
For a natural glow up without make-up, it is important to exfoliate the skin, use glow serum and face creams that give radiance and deeply moisturize.
Glow up with makeup – 9 quick steps for glow with makeup!
You can easily get a glow up with the help of makeup. I give you 9 quick steps in how to succeed with a base with glow up.
Before you start with the make-up, make sure that you have a well-prepared and moisturized skin.
This will make the makeup look better and adhere better. If you have dry skin, you will not get any glow and the make-up will be cakey.
Feel free to use liquid and creamy make-up when you make up a glow up!
1. Apply a glow primer
Before applying your primer, moisten your face with a moisturizing mist that you let sink into the skin. Once you have done that, you can apply your glow primer.
Choose a primer that gives luster, not one that dulls. By applying a primer before foundation is for the foundation to adhere and last longer during the day.
A primer also smoothes and evens out the skin structure.
2. Apply foundation
To get a nice glow up with make-up, you mix your foundation with liquid glow drops to give a natural glow to the whole face even though you are made up.
Use liquid foundation that does not give a matte effect.
I always mix in Lumene’s Invisible Illumination glow drops in my foundation. It becomes natural and gives you a healthy glow.
Apply your foundation with a moisturized beauty blender that gives a natural result while blending nicely into the skin.
3. Apply concealer
Put some concealer under the eye to brighten up and if you need to hide some red areas on the face. You can use a moisturizing concealer if you feel the need.
Here you should use a concealer that is light in consistency and has a light coverage.
A concealer that is thicker in texture can easily look dull and cakey, so avoid it when you want glow.
Use a little concealer that is enough and dab it out with your fingertips or a moisturized beauty blender.
Remember to have a concealer that is only 1-2 shades lighter than your foundation for it to blend in with the rest of the skin.
4. Fix the T-zone
In order not to get oily in the t-zone or under the eyes, apply a little fixing powder to the nostril and a little under the eyes so that the concealer is in place and does not slip away during the day.
Here you should use a fixing powder that does not dull your make-up, but only removes the oily.
I use By Terry’s Hyaluronic Hydra-Powder and Palina Upsalite powder which evens out the skin but without dulling it.
5. Give your face color with bronzer
To give your face a little color so it does not look flat, apply bronzer as a third on both sides of the face halves. It both shapes and gives color to the face.
Use a bronzer that is sticky or liquid to blend naturally into the skin but also because it gives more luster than a powder.
I have two favorites when it comes to bronzer, in stick I use Milk Make Up Bronzer stick and as a liquid bronzer I love Lumenes Instant Glow Liquid Bronzer.
They are both very easy to work into the skin and are bronzers that give good glow.
If you use drops, drip them directly on the skin where you want it and then mix it in with a beauty blender or a compact brush.
With a stick, you draw the stick like a line where you want it and work it in with a beauty blender or a compact make-up brush.
6. Apply blush
To give the make-up a lift, apply blush. Use a creamy or liquid blush as it gives more glow than a blush in powder.
If, on the other hand, you are oily in the skin, you should avoid creamy products as it highlights your pores and it can look oily. Instead, use a powder blush with a little shimmer in it.
Choose a color that suits your skin tone:
- Light skin – Fits well in pink colors but avoid coral color, it can look very orange on light skin.
- Medium skin – Suitable in most colors but best in coral and peach colored blushes. But avoid the brightest colors as it may look gray.
- Dark skin – Suitable in strong intense colors.
7. Apply highlighter (Glow drops)
Now it’s time to apply the most important thing when it comes to luster and glow namely highlighter. Here you should use a liquid or creamy highlighter to make it as natural as possible.
If you have drops, you can drip them directly on the face at the high points which are the back of the nose, cheekbones, cupid’s bow, forehead and chin.
Then mix it out with a beauty blender or a small compact makeup brush.
If you have a creamy highlighter, you can dab it out easily with your fingertips.
If you do not want the make-up so glowy but more dewy, you can take a glow serum and put a drop on your fingertips and dab on the high parts of the face that you want to emphasize.
8. Apply lip balm
Do not forget to also moisturize the lips with a good lip balm or a good moisturizing lip gloss. Avoid using a matte lipstick as it is a glowig look we are looking for.
9. Fix the makeup
The last step is to fix and moisturize the skin. Use a setting spray that gives glow and moisturizes, a good one is Lumenes Dewy Glow Setting Spray.
It also smells very good, I think.
Spray all over your face and let it sink in. You can gently pat it into the skin if you are in a hurry.
So there, now you’re done!
Glow up without makeup – 6 easy steps for natural glow!
To get a nice glow up without make-up, you should use lustrous moisturizing mist, toner, serum and face cream.
A moisturized skin is A and O to get radiance in the skin but also exfoliation to get rid of dead skin cells.
When you get to step three, moisten your face with a moisturizer mist between each step to really moisturize and give an extra glow.
1. Clean the face
Cleanse your skin every morning and evening to get rid of dirt and oils that have accumulated on your face from day and night.
Being careful with the facial cleanser is the most important step in getting a glow to the skin.
If we do not cleanse the skin properly, toner, serum and cream will not sink in and do their job on your skin.
It’s just like putting on a lid with products over the skin.
Since we can not exfoliate the skin every day, it is important that we clean the skin twice a day.
2. Peel / exfoliate the skin
Peeling or exfoliation is also just as important that you do 1-2 times a week to get rid of dead skin cells that lie on the skin and to produce new and fresh skin.
By getting fresh skin, it will only give you a glow.
A peeling with small grains in it suits the durable skin better, while an exfoliation, which is a chemical peel, suits an acne-prone and sensitive skin better.
Of course you can choose what you like.
3. Apply toner
By using a toner after your cleansing, you restore the moisture balance in the skin.
The skin can usually feel dry and tight after a face wash, you avoid that when you have a toner after. A moisturized skin gives glow.
After applying your toner, let it sink in before proceeding to the next step.
Once the toner has sunk into the skin, you can moisturize your face further with a moisturizer. This is to add extra moisture to the skin.
4. Apply glow serum
After the toner, it is time to apply a lustrous serum. A personal favorite of glow serum comes from the brand Mantle and their the glow serum.
Apply a few drops of your serum on the face, usually you do not need much because the serum is very good in consistency.
Gently lubricate and pat the serum into the skin, wait a few minutes until it has sunk into the skin before proceeding to the next step.
Even after this step, spray a little moisture mist over your face. Let it sink in.
5. Put on a sheet mask
Now it’s time to apply your sheet mask, this is a real moisture boost that will give glow to your skin.
A sheet mask is made in a thin cloth / cloth that is soaked in a caring and moisturizing serum. The mask has cut holes for eyes and mouth.
It should lie on your face for about 20 minutes, it is a little different time depending on the brand, so read what is on the package.
How does a sheet mask work?
Since the serum is in the fabric, the fabric acts as a protection so that the serum can really work in depth and go down properly into the skin.
My favorite when it comes to sheet mask is Verso’s deep hydration mask. It deeply moisturizes the skin and gives an incredible glow and lasts for days.
After 20 minutes, remove the mask and apply excess serum to the skin. Then let it sink in before moisturizing your face further with the moisturizer.
Use a sheet mask 2-3 times a week to maintain a glowy and moisturized skin.
6. Apply a moisturizer
The last step in getting a glow up without makeup is the moisturizer. Now apply your moisturizer over your face, gently patting it into the skin.
Let it soak in before spraying the face one last time with the moisturizer.
Now you’re done! And with a nice glow in the skin without using makeup.
If you want extra glow, you can drip in some glow drops (liquid highlighter) in your moisturizer.
How to use glow drops?
You can use Glow drops in a few different ways. Either you can mix a few drops in your foundation or your face cream to give glow to your entire face.
Otherwise, you can use it as a highlighter and apply to the high points of the face that are the bridge of the nose, at the top of the cheekbones, the cupid’s arch, a little on the chin and in the middle of the forehead.
You can also use glow drops alone as it is directly on the skin to get a more intense glow on the face.
GLOW UP – The trick that gives you glow in the skin in a week:
If you have a week on you for your glow up, there are great opportunities to see results!
Suitable for you who have an event that is approaching and have the time and opportunity to prepare the skin for a few days for your special event.
- Remove gluten and sugar from your diet + even dairies such as milk, yogurt and filet if possible. And do not worry – nothing strange will happen, you will only feel positive “side effects” such as calmer stomach, clearer skin, fewer patches, reduced bags under the eyes, lighter skin under the eyes, fewer red areas and reduced pores.
- Use peeling and an exfoliating face mask at the beginning of the week, so that you can get rid of dead skin cells and give the skin some moisture and elasticity. But one time is enough, then you can only feed on moisture the rest of the days!
- Buy a vegetable face oil, such as argan oil, almond oil or carrot seed oil, for example, and give yourself a soothing facial massage in the evening. Apply a few drops on moisturized skin and massage the skin according to this method. In this way, you speed up the blood circulation in the skin, and you stimulate cell renewal! And of course, you can use facial oil as a serum during the day or in the evening. Here you will find many good face oils.
- Start each meal with a small green salad (iceberg lettuce is not acceptable) and invest in very green leaves from spinach, arugula and chard, for example. Also for breakfast if you have the opportunity! There are now ready-made mixtures in bags in the shops. In this way, you contribute to a lot of useful vitamins and minerals that nourish the skin from within. In addition, you prepare the stomach for an improved digestion = happy stomach = happy skin! (And the rest of the body will be happy too!)
- Sleep with a moisturizing mask every night. A smart way to boost the moisture content of the skin is to sleep with a moisturizing mask at night for a week. Only apply the moisturizing mask instead of night cream after cleansing the skin in the evening. (You can definitely have a few drops of facial oil underneath.) Just rinse off in the morning! You can find my favorite here.
- Drink at least 1 liter of water every day and avoid soft drinks, juices and other sweetened beverages. And avoid alcohol during this week, as it has a dehydrating effect on the skin. It is best to moisturize the skin from the inside with water.
- Mobile slimming during this week as well, so you can optimize your beauty sleep. If the skin is allowed to rest properly, it will be better able to renew itself during the night and you will also relieve dark circles. Bags under the eyes you have already taken care of in the first point!
- Take a long walk in nature, or a sweaty workout at the gym and breathe deeply into your stomach five minutes a day. And enjoy the transformation!
Summary – How to get a glow up?
You can get a glow up in two different ways, either through make-up or through skin care.
When you want to get a glow up with skin care, it is important to moisturize and moisturize. Feel free to use glow serum and moisturizing face cream.
To get extra glow and glow, you can apply moisturizer between each step to really get glow and glow in the skin.
To do a glow up with makeup, the trick is glow drops. You can mix them in your foundation or face cream to get a nice and natural glow all over the face.
When it comes to makeup, you should use cream and liquid makeup because it gives more glow and moisturizes the skin. Always finish with a setting spray with glow in.
- Ashley Braun. (2021). How to get clear skin: 13 tips, products, and tools
- Paige Padgett. (2015). The Green Beauty Rules: The Essential Guide to Toxic-Free Beauty, Green Glamour, and Glowing Skin
- Trevor Cates. (2017). Clean Skin from Within: The Spa Doctor’s Two-Week Program to Glowing, Naturally Youthful Skin
- Jessica Drummond. (2019). What Causes Acne? Get Glowing and Clean Skin From The Root